Friday, May 1, 2009

Well all, I am sorry I haven't written in a while, I guess I just don't have any fun or interesting news to tell. Hope you all had a nice Easter. We had dinner at Mark and Jenn's and then she had a Easter Egg Hunt for us to all go on after dinner. It was like 36 degrees and windy (nice time to be outside!!) She had made us all riddles we had to solve to find our prize. She had planted little prizes between all the three houses! and we all started at different points. She gave us 11 envelopes with pieces of paper with the riddle on in each one, for example "What has 4 wheels but carries many legs?" answer "the cattle trailer". Inside the trailer was a little prize, she had put 8 in each place as we were all paired up with each other. My partner was Brandon, which was good, he could run fast. David was paired up with Mark Jr. and so on . It all started out fun, but in true Furno fashion it became competitive!! First, David and Mark Jr. secretly opened all their envelopes, so they would get a jump on everyone else. At one of the places to find a prize, Adam had quickly taken all of them, so we all would waste time looking. As I ran past David, he reached in my bucket and stole some of the prizes I had collected. So there we were running back and forth from one house to the other with all these envelopes and colored buckets, yelling at each other..on Easter...When we finally finished we had to wait for Amanda and her Grandma Barbara to finish, they didn't run and knock people over like my family did!! We all had to admit, It was great fun..Jenny said she didn't want the kids to grow up dreading having to go to Auntie Jenny's for holidays and have it be boring, so her and Mark had stayed up the night before thinking of clues and prizes for us all. After we all had dessert and coffee, I just looked around at everyone and thought, I am truly blessed, for I have all my children and grandchildren near me and we can all sit at a table and talk and laugh, even if we have to talk louder than one another to be heard.
On a another topic, I had bought at a yard sale at the end of last year, this screen house (tent like), it was a great price of $20 and the box was ripped and falling apart, but the screen house had never been assembled. I had carefully made sure I had all the poles and put them all together in a bag with the screen house and the one page of instructions. It had gotten warm, so I brought the screen house out to assemble it and took out all the poles, placed them in sections, for example ,I had 6 poles that had the number 4 on them and 4 poles with the number 3 on them., and so on..... I found the page of instructions all folded up and when i went to open them, they must have been damp when i put them away because now they were stuck together and I couldn't open them to read them. It figures!! So I thought I would just go on the internet and find the company that makes them and just download the instructions..well I couldn't find them at all!! I did find one comment on it, it said "This screen house is so easy to assemble." GREAT...So I went outside and looked at all the poles...no clue, I really had no clue at all on how it was supposed to look as there was no picture...So I went back inside and took the instructions and stuck them in a bowl of water and left them for a few minutes...then I slowly started to peel them apart....some ripped, some didn't...so I finally found the page that showed the poles and the order they go in, so I carefully pieced those pieces together on my cutting board and then went outside and assembled it...Success!! I looks lovely...now I just have to remember, when I take it down to write how it goes back up because the pieces that were on my cutting board dried and stuck to it, so they had to be scraped off!! My newest kitten thinks it is just great as he dives from the porch railing and grabs onto the screen and then climbs up to the roof, no matter what I do I cannot stop him from this as there isn't a better area to put the screen house in. So now besides all the cows and chickens (no rooster anymore) I now have 4 cats and 1 dog and Liz's fish just had babies!! (the ones that we rescued from the house that had the fire) so now we have another tank for the babies...So that now makes 3 tanks and one for the turtles, we can't forget them...Liz has setup a nice pond outside and put her water lilies in and the frogs have moved in...so we get to listen to them all night!!! some of them are pretty loud, because it has been pretty nice recently we have been leaving our windows open. Well I am sorry that I have not had anything exciting to write about, but I sure something will soon. Oh and one funny note..John's (Liz's boyfriend)Dad and his girlfriend came to visit and when they left they stopped off at the pond down the road, because we have two beautiful swans there, and they wanted to see them, so Ann Marie got out of the car and walked over to the water and threw some bread to the swans, the male swan swam over to her and then came up on shore and chased her back to the car and bit her bottom before she could get in the car...she was not hurt but it stung and we all had a good laugh and made a mental note not to get out of the car to see the swans!!!
Love to you all...Patti xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Thank the Lord for your posts; they make me laugh so hard!!!! I can totally see you guys running around at the Easter egg hunt. Jenn’s idea was neat I’ll have to remember it!
    As for the screen – Way to Go!; but even w/out the directions you would have totally figured it out. All of Grammy’s girls are supper crafty! Mom can darn near fix anything (did she tell you she’s been bush hogging!) It’s so funny to me to read your posts and I get to thinking how much we’re all alike; I would have been on a total mission to find those instruction- to the point obsession.
    Anyway I hope you guys are good. Mom & Dad are coming to see us this weekend- baring no N1H1 out breaks here!
    Love you lots

    ReplyDelete